Popular Posts

Monday 28 August 2017

Norse

Army37

The whole lot;

Metal figures from Tumbling dice.
image

From DBA and DBM army lists Book 3.

I was in a bit of a dilemma regarding shields.  As I don’t possess decent artistic skills, free drawing 30 designs was out of the question.  An alternative of course was to use decals, seemed a bit fiddly. Eventually I stumbled across the site indicated below.  From the information contained therein, I ended up with the command having red and white shield (as the sagas would have it) and the rest in black/yellow as found in the Gokstad ship.  No patterns were mentioned so I came up with 28 simple ones of my own.

Stallari with Merkismathr;
Gen39

HirĂ°menn: 
Blades;
Hird07
Hird04

Spears;
Spears
Spears12
Gestir:
Warbands;
Wb48
Wb24

Bows;
Bw
Bow22

Skirmishers.
Skirm32
Skirm45

No comments:

Post a Comment